A special music and film bundle offer in conjunction with Powerhouse Films, who have just re-released a 2K restoration of Alan Parker’s movie on Blu-ray, supervised and approved by the director himself.
Choose your preferred bundle option of Blu-ray and LP or Blu-ray and CD on this page.
Just want a stand-alone LP, CD or Blu-ray? Go here.
- 2K restoration supervised and approved by director Alan Parker
- Original stereo audio
- New and exclusive audio commentary with Parker and the BFI’s Justin Johnson
- The Abstraction of War (2019, 25 mins): actor Matthew Modine fondly remembers the experience of working with the cast and crew of Birdy
- Learning to Fly (2019, 14 mins): screenwriters Jack Behr and Sandy Kroopf reflect on the challenges of adapting an ‘unfilmable’ novel
- Peter Gabriel on Making the Music for ‘Birdy’ (2000, 7 mins): archival interview with the acclaimed composer
- Bird Watching (2019, 17 mins): a personal appreciation of the work of author William Wharton by filmmaker Keith Gordon
- No Hard Feelings (1976, 55 mins): Parker’s early film, which follows a troubled young man in wartime London
- Original theatrical trailerImage galleries: promotional and publicity material, and a selection of rare items from Matthew Modine’s personal collection
- New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Limited edition exclusive 48-page booklet with a new essay by Frank Collins, an extensive account of the making of the film by Alan Parker, an overview of critical responses, Jeff Billington on No Hard Feelings, and film credits
- UK premiere on Blu-ray
- Limited edition of 5,000 copies
LP & CD details:
Birdy is the music, composed by Peter, for the Alan Parker film of the same name.
This 2LP release is Half-Speed Remastered and cut to lacquers at 45rpm.
The vinyl was cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering, mastered by Tony Cousins at Metropolis and overseen by Peter’s main sound engineer Richard Chappell.
The LP comes with a gatefold sleeve utilising imagery from the original LP + additional images from the film. Plain white inner bags. All images are newly re-scanned. Limited edition and numbered. Contains a download card with a choice of digital download (Hi-Res 24bit/44.1k or 16bit/44.1k).
CD is a standard jewel case, with an 8 page booklet. 2002 Tony Cousins remastered audio.